Friday 20 December 2013

Ugly Christmas Sweater DIY Tutorial

I attended an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party yesterday and had no idea what to wear. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on an 'ugly' sweater so I decided to DIY one that I already owned. All the props used were purchased from my local dollar store and it literally took me around 15-20 minutes to complete my ugly sweater masterpiece. It's definitely funny (I looked like an snowball explosion wrapped in a ribbon bow) and festive but not hideous because to be honest, who wants to look really ugly at a party? It's somewhat ridiculous and somewhat cute, and it cost me less than $5 to make. Another plus? The props are super easy to remove without destroying my sweater.

Here's a quick tutorial on how I put this ugly sweater together. I hope this inspires you to DIY your Christmas sweaters!



You Need:
1. A sweater
2. A decorative bow (the bigger the better and get ones with bells to make them fun)
3. Fluffy pom poms or fluff balls resembling snow balls
4. Scissors and bobby pins.



Take your ribbon and attach a bobby pin to whatever hook or pin is attached to it at the back.



Group your pom poms into small sections and attach bobby pins to the end. You can easily purchase thin grey wires to attach to your pom poms.



Place the bow in the middle of your sweater and then secure it with 1-2 bobby pins.



Place your pom pom bundles all over your sweater and then secure them with bobby pins.


Voila! You have your ugly Christmas sweater!



Holiday fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment